Wooden boat regatta at Jost Van Dyke
It was honestly this big... and a "quiet" reunion with the lost boys after parting company in Peurto Rico with visa challenges.
Was great to see the boat improve piece by piece as Jas got his mechanic/builder/plumber on! Had a ball, the trip was awesome, I didn't want to leave.
Some highlights I can remember in no particular order are:
- The traffic lights disco and finding some of the crew up a tower
- Supervising the shark tank swim at Atlantis
- Eating Liz’s ‘extravaganzas’ and Gary’s chilli sauce
- Feeling bad about feeding the iguana’s cheerios, then seeing the tourists arrive half an hour later
- Watching the boys swim back to the boat with about 6 crawfish after a half hour snorkel
- Getting the sails up on Can’t
- Having a beer with Hawk
- Jake’s form when he finally made it to our boat after being stranded and drinking alone on Lost that night at Nassau (see Gary’s vid)
- Catching a ‘Dolphin’
Things that sounded like fun that I can’t recall just now:
- several Borat outings
- wind-down drinks at the end of any night